[Geany-devel] abc tagmanager patch

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sat Sep 12 16:23:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 17:17:39 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> >>I submit a new patch for including a popular format among musicians:
> >>ABC notation.
> > I don't want to be the killjoy, but I don't want to add any arbitrary
> > filetypes. We should limit the list of filetypes to those which are
> > commonly used. To decide which filetypes belong to this critieria and
> > which not is quite hard, maybe some of the already existing filetypes
> > do not, others are probably missing.

I agree, Geany is for programming and programming-related stuff like
documentation.

> IMHO too many LMLs (little markup languages) have got in lately, but
> they don't do much harm, its a pity Scintilla doesn't have a loadable
> lexer capability so languages can be selected by users without loading
> the lexer code for all of them even if I don't want them.

The plan is to make the less common filetypes into custom filetypes
with no specific cost to the geany binary for each one. This will
be done in stages, with the dynamic lexer code as the next item to work
on.

Regards,
Nick