[Geany-devel] Crash on Geany r4171 during pushing F5 for viewing LaTeX/PDF with evince

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Thu Sep 10 18:45:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm afraid I can reproduce a crash on Geany probably related to new
build system. When I have a file called cv_c.tex open and want to look
at the PDF created from I push F5 (or use the menu enry for) for the
first time the VTE appears with some weird (and different) letters
inside. After pushing F5 or the menu item again Geany is crashing with
bt I've uploaded to http://nopaste.geany.org/p/m15e5927a as well as
attached to this mail with m15e5927a.txt. Also it appears that this is
not related to the file name as I was able to reproduce it with the
build in LaTeX template of Geany. Or just take this as a minimal
example:

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{lmodern}
\begin{document}
Lorem ipsum
\end{document}

When starting geany with option to be more verbose I'm getting

(geany:8493): Vte-WARNING **: Error (Invalid or incomplete multibyte or
wide character) converting data for child, dropping.
inside command line.

I've attached my geany.conf and filetypes.latex file.

Cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/