[Geany-devel] On coding style

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Sep 7 22:04:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 08:35:30 +1000, Lex wrote:

Heyho,

>I'm somewhat embarrassed by the number of style fixes in build.c when

No need to.
I didn't mean to show you up or something. I just wanted to make it
more like I'm used to read our code :).
It was really only because I wanted to do it and I took the time to.
Nothing more, don't feel negative in any way. Your work is still much
appreciated in the same way as before :).

>How much of the changes are manual and how much is done by the

To be honest, I did it all manually. Actually, after I finished about
3/4 of the file, I remember Nick wrote a script for this...too late :).

>Several of the things you changed I had thought I had right, so maybe
>hacking.html needs to be more explicit rather than just "like the rest
>of the code".

Surely. I will add a few things to the HACKING file soon, I hope.

>Then I could have saved you  some work :-)

No worries.
The good thing is, we (me, Nick, you, everyone) can decide ourselves on
what we spend our time and how much of it. So be sure, everything I do
is what I want to do (sometimes for different reasons but still).