[Geany-devel] geany-plugins release GTK version / build fixes / NEWS

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon Sep 7 18:40:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 13:36:26 +0200
Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz at student.HTW-Berlin.de> wrote:

> Enrico Tröger schrieb:
> > On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 14:05:45 +0200, Frank wrote:
> >

> >> Hi,

> >> I agree. Should be the same as Geany's in my opinion.
> >>

> > Yes, please.
> >

> I don't think the main Geany app should force plugin writers on any
> GTK/GLib version.
> It should be possible for the author/maintainer to use newer versions
> if he thinks the new functions make it easier for him to maintain it,
> or if they make the plugin better or something.
>
> But that all doesn't work since the plugins are combined to a single
> package. They should built together, which basically implies a
> minimum GTK/GLib version. I think it doesn't necessarily have to be
> the minimum versions Geany uses.

I'm afraid this might will cause some more confusion on user's side as
he e.g. can compile Geany on its outdate Debian/Fedora/foo but cannot
build the plugins.

Cheers,
Frank
--