[Geany-devel] On coding style

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Sep 7 11:57:44 UTC 2009

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 08:35:30 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> How much of the changes are manual and how much is done by the

Dunno, Enrico?

> fix_alignment script & is it safe to just run this every time
> pre-commit?

In the commit message IIRC I mentioned this is 'work in progress', I
probably need to make some changes before this is reliable for all of
src/ and plugins/.

> Several of the things you changed I had thought I had right, so maybe
> hacking.html needs to be more explicit rather than just "like the rest
> of the code".
> Then I could have saved you  some work :-)

Well, we did tell you about a space after if and no space after an
opening bracket ;-)

There is also the issue of a small amount of existing code sometimes
being formatted wrongly, but hopefully with scripts we can iron out
these.

> At least the things not addressed by the script should be listed, eg
> when and if {} is used around single if clauses etc.

It seems we might need to write a clear style guide, although
personally I think it's pretty easy to copy the existing code style. It
would be quicker to read though.

Regards,
Nick