[Geany-devel] txt2tags tagmanager patch

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Sep 6 20:57:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 23:18:02 +0200, Enrico wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 20:43:07 +0000 (GMT), Forgeot wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>do I need to add something for the patch to be included in the geany
>>repository?
>
>No, just be patient :).

Sorry again for the delay.

Finally committed.

One question:
in txt2tags,c line 89, there is a check

which doesn't make much sense as you check line[0] which is one byte
long (8bit) but the character you want to check is a multi-byte
character, in this case it is 2 bytes long. So, the check can never
work really. As I don't know txt2tags, I wonder whether the character
to test for is just a typo or whether the code should be adjusted to
properly check for a multi-byte character (e.g. with strncmp()).

So far I committed it, but it needs to be fixed. It also causes an
appropriate compiler warnings.