[Geany-devel] Blanklines addons plugin

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Sep 6 12:36:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 11:36:19 +0400, Eugene wrote:

>Hi Enrico. Here are some comments about turning sciwrappers into
>macros.
>
>Enrico Tro"ger wrote:
>> On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 20:11:21 +0400, Eugene wrote:
>>

>> <...>
>>> maybe it worths converting one-line wrappers into macros, so that we
>>> won't need to export them.
>>>

>> But then we end up in some wrappers realised as macros, others as
>> functions (those which have a little logic in it).
>>

>Yes, but is it a problem?

Technically not at all.
And yes, it would make it easier to add such wrappers to the plugin
API, i.e. they would be part of it automatically in contrary to "real"
functions which have to be exported explicitly.
Still I think for documentation purpose it is easier if they are all in
the same way implemented. Maybe it's just me.
As you said, it's not that important and if others agree, we could make
the very easy ones macros. But then, if we need to make them functions
at some point to add a little logic inside or anything, it might get
harder to keep it all compatible.