[Geany-devel] More intelligent 'remove trailing spaces' - Re: Strip trailing blank lines (patch included)

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Thu Sep 3 18:44:37 UTC 2009

Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 20:58:45 +0200
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>

>>> I think this is useful as the user doesn't need to re-indent the blank
>>> line before typing on it.
>>>
>> Hmm, I usually use the Up cursor key to jump to the previous line and
>> then press Enter :).
>>

> Yes, but sometimes the cursor will be at the start of the line after
> pressing up, so then the user also has to press End and then Enter.
>
> Anyway, I'm not that bothered about implementing it really, just that
> it could be useful.

Pressing Up, End and Enter every time is so annoying... For example, to
add a simple C/C++ code block (I prefer K&R style, opening brace on the
same line) I have to press

Currently I created a code snippet, but

<space>${snippet_name}${insert_snippet_shortcut}

is not yet comfortable. I'm still looking for a better solution
(shortcuts for particular snippet or macro recording should be fine...).
I wonder, what other IDEs offer for this.