[Geany-devel] Blanklines addons plugin (was: Re: Strip trailing blank lines (patch included))

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Sep 2 21:38:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 20:11:21 +0400, Eugene wrote:

>Hi Enrico.
>
>Enrico Tröger wrote:
>
>> If you want SVN write access to commit your changes yourself, just
>> tell me your Sourceforge username (and give me a a little time to
>> set it up :D).
>
>I think there is no need for me to access SVN. I want to just send
>patches, if you don't mind :-)

Fine with me. Whatever you want, SVN write access wouldn't be a problem
but sending in patches is just as well.

>The attached patches are new "blanklines" addons plugin. It required
>some API changes.

Great.

>First, I had to add new "document-before-save" signal, so that my
>plugin can access a document _before_ it is saved (existing
>"document-save" signal is sent _after_ that). I described the new

Ok, I think that makes sense, there are probably more use-cases where
this can be used.

>signal in "doc/plugins.dox" and in the code comments near
>document_save_file(). I hope, adding the signal does not break ABI
>compatibility (I did not check it).

Yeah, it's fine.

>Second, I exported some sciwrappers needed by the plugin. I think,

Ok. I think we could skip sci_get_line_end_position() but the others
look fine.

>maybe it worths converting one-line wrappers into macros, so that we
>won't need to export them.

But then we end up in some wrappers realised as macros, others as
functions (those which have a little logic in it).
You can also easily use Scintilla messages directly in your plugin code
using the scintilla_send_message() function.

I'll commit your patches tomorrow or on Friday.