[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable build beta in trunk

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Sep 1 07:42:47 UTC 2009

2009/9/1 Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>:
> On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:35:54 +1000
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Let us know of any other problems
>
> Running Make on a new unsaved document (no filename) causes warnings
> and may crash on Windows using %s for a NULL string. Maybe disable Make
> menu items for new documents?

No, disabling isn't right, the make commands are not inherently
dependent on the document, they can be configured to be totally
independent of it, in fact make often runs on the source *tree* and
doesn't care what document is current.

The thing is to find the problem.

 Since I can't build on windows, can you provide any more feedback (a
backtrace or something) on what actually is complaining of a NULL.  I
can see several possible culprits although they all *should* be
protected from nulls, but they should not be windows dependent, why
can't it fail on Linux so I can see??? Grouch Grump Gripe...