[Geany-devel] Build system glitches

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Wed Oct 14 15:29:27 UTC 2009

Thomas Martitz schrieb:
> Lex Trotman schrieb:
>>
>> You should not *have* to use a project, that was a requirement of
>> Enricos right from the beginning. Switching files isn't lazyness, its
>> an annoyance that isn't needed.
>>

> I thought the main requirement was to not change default behavior? And
> it wasn't behaving like this before. Also refer to Enrico's initial mail:

Argh, ctrl+enter too early, anyway...

Quoting Enrico (which is the exact opposite of what you said):
"But then, I opened the Build settings dialog for a XML file and for
some reason, it shows me the Python Run command as Run command for the
XML file. And it does this probably for each other filetype as well,
tested also with Shellscript and I got again the Python Run command.
This completely contradicts the original idea of the build system: being
easy to use to compile&run single files.
Not sure whether this is a bug or actually intended behaviour of your
code, but it is not what Geany should do and it is not what Geany did
before! Run commands were and should be filetype-dependent except you
have opened a project and the project has a Run command defined."

This is exactly what expect (and want also).