[Geany-devel] Geany.txt cleanup

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Oct 2 03:10:27 UTC 2009

Hi Nick,

Sorry I missed your reply.

There are two problems, one is solvable, the other may be terminal for now.

Solvable, lots of the menu items have NULL widget pointers in
kb->menu_item so widget_accelerator_remove and ..._add are not called
in keybindings_update_combo.

The other I'm not sure at this point how to solve :-(

For stock items Glade sets the accelerator when creating the menu_item
using an accelerator map that you can't get hold of, so you can't
delete the setting.  There doesn't seem to be any way of telling it to
not set the accel for a stock item.  I'm not sure what happens if you
use the same stock for more than one menu item??  Just one more item
on my hate list for Glade :-)

Of course getting rid of glade altogether is a solution since
gtk_image_menu_item_new_from_stock can be passed an accel group so if
we called it instead of glade we would know what was used, but lots of
work required for probably not much gain :-(