[Geany-devel] [Bug] When saving a modified file, a new empty line is added

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Nov 28 11:39:47 UTC 2009

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:01:52 +0100, Frank wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 19:02:10 +0100
>Maxime Pacary <mpacary at winsoft.fr> wrote:
>
>> A nice colleague knowing better Geany told me that this could simply
>> be disabled in preferences > files ; so please ignore that bug
>> report, sorry. However, it could be nice to warn the user if he works
>> on PHP files while having the feature "new line at end of file"
>> enabled.
>
>I don't see any big reason for adding a warning, maybe a pop-up or
>something like that. In time this will be more annoying as helpful from
>my point of view. I recommend just deactivate the feature and ensure to
>insert empty line manual in case its needed.

Exactly.
If you don't want Geany to insert new blank lines at the end of files,
deactivate this feature. Adding a warning in whatever way, is just more
annoying than helpful.

And to be able to receive further answers and be able to send messages,
you first need to subscribe to this mailing list. Thanks.