[Geany-devel] [Bug] When saving a modified file, a new empty line is added

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Nov 28 10:01:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 19:02:10 +0100
Maxime Pacary <mpacary at winsoft.fr> wrote:

> A nice colleague knowing better Geany told me that this could simply
> be disabled in preferences > files ; so please ignore that bug
> report, sorry. However, it could be nice to warn the user if he works
> on PHP files while having the feature "new line at end of file"
> enabled.

I don't see any big reason for adding a warning, maybe a pop-up or
something like that. In time this will be more annoying as helpful from
my point of view. I recommend just deactivate the feature and ensure to
insert empty line manual in case its needed.

Thanks,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/