[Geany-devel] g-p release from trunk - Re: Geany Plugins 0.18 released!

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Nov 15 22:54:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:52:30 +0000
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:51:18 +0100
> Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > I think things like this are caused by the confusion with merging
> > stuff here. I suggest to really use trunk in future as basis for a
> > branch whenever a new release should be done.
>
> Only if the release is to be made at the same time as Geany, otherwise
> trunk may not be compatible with the most recent version of Geany.
> That would be worse than not having the latest changes.

I'm ot sure whether we should discuss all possibilities which might
can happen, but of course you are 100% right here - creating release
from trunk will not be possible easily in such cases anymore.

Cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/