[Geany-devel] Fwd: PHP constants are not listed in symbol list (patch attached)

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Fri Nov 13 11:39:27 UTC 2009

Dear Geany devs,

I've sent the email below to the wrong mailinglist, so here it is again! ;)

My apologies for those who receive this email twice...

-H-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl>
Date: Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 17:16
Subject: PHP constants are not listed in symbol list (patch attached)
To: Geany general discussion list <geany at uvena.de>

Dear Geany devs,

I've updated Geany to the latest svn (r4424) and noticed that php
constants didn't show up in the symbol list.

I then baldly opened 'php.c' and started hacking in the regexes to get
them working again. In 'actionscript.c' the constants were part of
"m,macro,macros" so I decided to change that in php.c too. Constants
were showing again! ;)

I also remove a duplicate regex and also added one in my patch to show
constants in a "const NAME = 'value';" notation so all constants are
correctly parsed from this example:

<?php
abstract class test {
 const TEST = 'test';