[Geany-devel] Build System and Latex

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon May 11 08:44:15 UTC 2009

> Hi

I have been looking at the implementation of the build-system and in
particular interactions with other parts of Geany.  In general it looks ok,
but the latex menus and commands system seems to have a few interactions
with the build system and menu.

Since the new build-system allows the menu labels to be changed, (not just
the commands) if I allow two run commands can we bring the latex build
system back into the normal system?

This has the advantages:
1. removal of lots of nearly duplicate code building menus, dialogs and
commands
2. much simpler and cleaner build system (I'm not all that altruistic, this
means that it is easy for me to see what I might break with my changes ;-)

Can anyone point me at any glaringly obvious problems that I've overlooked?