[Geany-devel] Deep editor customization....

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri May 8 16:41:05 UTC 2009

On Fri, 8 May 2009 18:26:15 +0200, Jimmy wrote:

>> >functions...i'm facing pointer pbs, basically...my font name does
>> >not propagate properly through functions...
>>
>> If you need help for a specific problem, just ask.
>

>ok...it's probably silly, as i'm not an experienced C programmer...and
>didn't spend a lot of time on it...
>but as I told you, I expanded the GeanyLexerStyle structure....
>
>in get_keyfile_style and get_key_file_hex my adds to the filetypes.foo
>are properly read...
>and when i print out my new element of the struct it's either null or
>the fontname I've just entered in the file....
>
>but when i try to access my new entry in a another function (such as
>set_sci_style), it has been obviously been written over by something

Hard to say without any code but it sounds like the char* pointer is
either freed in between or it's a static string which is only valid
within a function. Just create a diff of your current code and send it
to the list or me or some paste bin or whatever.