[Geany-devel] geany vim syntax reader

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed May 6 22:31:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009 09:24:13 -0400
Charles Bevan <cfbevan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was thinking of making a vim syntax reader as a plugin. It would be
> nice to start out small by only implementing the adapter that would
> read the vim file and translate it to set the appropriate formatting
> on the currently active document only. If the plugin goes well and is
> used often, it may be possible to implement it in the main project
> and allow the vim reader to act like a built in language.

Enrico or Nick may correct me but I think such a plugin would need deep
access to Scintilla's functions and other stuff. Since I don't know the
syntax of the mentioned vim files very well, wouldn't it be possible to
just write a small tool (maybe a sh script) which is converting the
file to Geany's format here and provide it in 'normal' way to Geany?

Regards,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/