[Geany-devel] External plugins installation(was: Re: Build System Recent Commit)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat May 2 16:58:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, 1 May 2009 18:00:03 +1000, Lex wrote:

>> >PS Enrico, I can't help with the Addons problem since I am Autotools
>> >illiterate, I didn't even *look* in configure.in or I'd have seen
>> >the
>>
>> Well, I just don't know how to do it properly and I'm not really keen
>> on spending hours on testing and reading and trying, especially
>> because this doesn't affect most users who just install it in a
>> default or the Geany prefix while you were setting up a pretty
>> uncommon setup (like I have here :D).
>> Btw, most other plugins have the same problem :(.
>

>I apologise if it sounded like I was suggesting you should fix it, I

Suggesting is fine, requesting would maybe a bit too much :).

>In the meantime it works fine on a standard install and thats all that
>matters.

Mostly. But obviously it'd be much better if we could that fixed in
whatever way. I wouldn't say a standard installation is all what
matters but of course, it's the most important use case.