[Geany-devel] Build System Recent Commit

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri May 1 08:00:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

See comments below ( you're right again dammit ;-)

lex

2009/5/1 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>

> On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 18:11:19 +1000, Lex wrote:
>
> Hey,
>
> >I just committed to build-system a change to add a build commands tab
> >to the project properties dialog to save project commands from.
> >
> >To save you building the branch, I've attached a screen shot.  The XXX
> >will of course have the correct filetype when some code gets behind
> >the dialog.
> >
> >I propose to use the same for the Build menu 'set build commands' (or
> >whatever we are calling it) dialog.
> >
> >After some thought I propose to put the error regex in both because as
> >you change the compiler it is likely that you may need to change the
> >regex.  So having one associated with each set of commands is useful.
>
> I do like it, not much more to say.
>
> Maybe three commands for each type will be enough, or at least three
> for non-filetype build commands. The dialog just looks a bit big to me.

My intention was to add one spare on top of what is already used in each of
the filetype and non-filetype sections giving 3 and 4 items respectively.
Unfortunately while hacking with brain in neutral I added one extra on top
of those...oops, I will revert to 3 and 4.

> >PS Enrico, I can't help with the Addons problem since I am Autotools
> >illiterate, I didn't even *look* in configure.in or I'd have seen the
>
> Well, I just don't know how to do it properly and I'm not really keen
> on spending hours on testing and reading and trying, especially because
> this doesn't affect most users who just install it in a default or the
> Geany prefix while you were setting up a pretty uncommon setup (like I
> have here :D).
> Btw, most other plugins have the same problem :(.

I apologise if it sounded like I was suggesting you should fix it, I was
just noting that I don't know enough to even know where to start looking ;S

How do plugin developers do it when porting a plugin to a new Geany version,
maybe one of them has the knowledge and inclination to fix it.

In the meantime it works fine on a standard install and thats all that
matters.