[Geany-devel] Updating build-system branch

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Mar 23 02:35:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

As you will have seen from the commit I got it to work.  Can now get on with
it.

Warning, merge seems to only work on a newly checked out working copy of the
branch, any changes seem to cause chaos.  Make changes after merge before
the commit back to the branch.  Have raised question with SVN.

Compiles, runs but is not extensively tested (Geany needs a regression
suite, and if you find a usable GUI tester let me know I am looking for one
;-)

Regards
Lex

2009/3/17 Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>

> On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:55:47 +1100
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I tried to update my working copy of the build-system branch with the
> latest
> > changes in trunk so I had a reasonably up to date basis for further work.
> >
> > Used: svn merge  https://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geany/trunk
>
> I think you have to say what range of revisions you want to merge, e.g.
> -r branched:HEAD

Seems to help, not what the SVN book says, but who ever heard of
documentation being up to date :-}

> where branched is the revision no. your branch was copied from.
>
> Only recent versions of svn have branch tracking, and I haven't tried
> it.
>
> Also, it's a good idea to backup any local changes before a merge. svn
> should handle them, but if the command is wrong horrible things can
> happen :-/

It appears that you have to not make any!!!!