[Geany-devel] Updating build-system branch

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Mar 16 16:13:19 UTC 2009

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:55:47 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to update my working copy of the build-system branch with the latest
> changes in trunk so I had a reasonably up to date basis for further work.
>
> Used: svn merge  https://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geany/trunk

I think you have to say what range of revisions you want to merge, e.g.
-r branched:HEAD

where branched is the revision no. your branch was copied from.

Only recent versions of svn have branch tracking, and I haven't tried
it.

Also, it's a good idea to backup any local changes before a merge. svn
should handle them, but if the command is wrong horrible things can
happen :-/

Regards,
Nick