[Geany-devel] search in session/document patch

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Mar 16 13:40:41 UTC 2009

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 13:30:02 +0100, Thomas wrote:

>Enrico Tröger schrieb:
>> That should work. Don't confuse this with "Find in Session", then the
>> amount matches mean the amount of files with matches, IIRC.
>> I tested it with Find in Document and there the amount of matches was
>> correct.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Enrico

>His exampe was:
>
>>> This is the same search with my patch:

>>> Found 1 match for "td".
>
>I just said, that it should say "Found 6 matches for "td"", but still
>show the line only once. I'm not sure how this is related to "Search
>in Session", I think his example was about searching in one HTML
>document. If it was about search in session, then it should only show
>the number of files which contain matches I guess.

Uh. It was just too early yesterday and I didn't had yet breakfast
at the time I wrote the mail :). Sorry.

First, when committing bert's patch, I broke it by moving the
initialisation of "prev_line". So, his code didn't worked because I
more or less disabled it by this accident :).
Anyway, now it should work properly.

Regarding the initial problem of the search result message: Thomas, you
were completely right. It should but didn't display "6 matches" in the
above example.
Should be fixed in SVN, also for Find All in Session.

Thanks you both for the code and feedback and your patience with me
and my mistakes :).