[Geany-devel] Small search UI suggestion

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Mar 2 19:07:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:48:25 -0800, Conrad wrote:

>Hi all
>
>Doing an unsuccessful search using the search dialog currently results
>in a dialog popping up asking
>
>"searchstring" was not found.
>Wrap search and find again?
>
>Clicking on the Find button results in a message in the status bar
>saying "searchstring" not found.
>
>Would it be possible to change the search field background to red in
>this case, to give additional visual feedback that the search was
>fruitless? In the same way that the search field in the toolbar does
>it.

Done in SVN for the Find and Replace dialogs*, thanks for the
suggestion.

To be honest, I didn't test these changes too much, so it might be that
there are some glitches though basically it should work. Feedback is
welcome :).

* I don't think there is much need to do this for the Find in Files
dialog as the search result status in the messages window is enough,
IMO.