[Geany-devel] Some suggestions..

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jun 30 21:20:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:34:27 +0200, Sebastian wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I'm using the project feature of geany a lot and would like to suggest
>2 improvements:
>
>1) After opening a project the file browser could jump to the base
>directory of the project. I think the most people
>    use the file browser to select files *in* your project directory,

It already does if you enable the option in its configure dialog which
controls that behaviour :).
Open the plugin manager, select the file browser plugin and click
Configure.

>2) A better support for alternative build systems was discussed here
>sometimes... Is anyone working on this? What is the current status?
>When working with projects, a global "make" command makes not really
>sense anymore. I'm working with make , scons and waf projects, so it
>is very hard to use a single "make" command for all of them.

Lex is working on it, he gave a short status report just a few days ago:
http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany-devel/2009-June/000751.html