[Geany-devel] Plugin for haxe-completion

Andreas Mokros am at xxxxx
Sun Jun 28 15:57:54 UTC 2009

Hi.

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 11:40:35 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> The build-system upgrade is making the build menu fully configurable
> from projects and/or preferences overriding the defaults, allowing
> both menu item labels and commands to be configured.  I'm not sure if
> this will help you, although extra filetype configurable commands may
> be helpfull.

This should really help a lot already.

> Currently the structures and functions relating to this
> are not part of the plugin api, more discussion would be needed about
> extending the api (pro more capability for plugins, con more to
> maintain and limits on changing Geany internals, potential unexpected
> interactions between plugins and configuration).

I see. As of now for my haxe-projects it would be nice to have a
gui-dialog for defining (several) .hxml-files (config-files for the
compiler) and maybe be able to choose amongst them when compiling. I'll
see how the new system turns out and think about useful additions.

> It is progressing, although it is taking longer than expected to
> untangle interactions with other parts of Geany.  A prototype should
> be available on the build-system branch late next week, watch this
> ML.  With such a big change I guess a bit ;-) of testing will be
> needed prior to merge to trunk.

Sure. I'll be happy to help testing the branch.

--
Mockey