[Geany-devel] ANN: Centralised translation files for geany-plugins and string freeze for the upcoming 0.17 release

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon Jun 22 17:18:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

today I've got some news for i18n/l10n. After long discussion we finally
decided to create a big geany-plugins project for most common
plugins. For users, this step brings the advantage to have the main
plugins for Geany at one place and distributions can
provide one package including the most important plugins more easily.
For the translations process, we got the advantage to have a
centralised translation directory and global po files so each string
needs to be translated only once and will be available on each of the
plugins included into geany-plugins project.

During the creating of the new plugin structure we already merged all
existing translation into new created files so a start has been done.
Now it's our turn to improve and extend the translation so the first
release can be shipped with a good localisation as we do for Geany
itself. I'm aware that there needs some work to be done, but I'm 100%
sure its doable.

I've already updated the pot file as well as the po files of already
existing translation which you can find at

http://geany-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geany-plugins/trunk/geany-plugins/po/

or by checking out from svn by

svn co
https://geany-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geany-plugins/trunk/geany-plugins

Some basic statistics can be found at http://i18n.geany.org/plugins/

As a deadline I'd like to include all new and updated translations
until Sundday night, June 28 so packaging can start early after.

Please don't hesitate to contact either me or the mailing list in case
of any questions regarding the translation.

Thanks and happy translating,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/