[Geany-devel] Build System Upgrade Status

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Jun 22 05:21:45 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

I have had a lot of problems with strange behavior for a couple of weeks.  I
decided that the problems were related to the SVN merge of the build system
branch with trunk which seems not to have done what I had expected.  Maybe
it was an update too far.

To "prove" this I checked out a truck (r3866) and copied some of my changes
into it.  Success! No problems anywhere but in my code, but them I expect
;-).

I have continued with this basis and have continued to have success, so I
ask for someone with the permission to do, so please remove the current
build-system branch that appears to be massively broken and to make a new
one based on trunk r3866, that way I can just copy the changed files into a
checkout of the new branch and continue.  Thanks in advance.

Currently I have both build dialog and project dialogs setting commands,
build menu created from them and am about to add save and restore in prefs
and projects, then will check it in as a prototype in the new branch.  Oh
and most Latex special code gone, you won't recognise build.c.