[Geany-devel] Restructuring the Geany-plugins project?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jun 19 17:22:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:15:13 +0200, Frank wrote:

>> I'd say we either create an overview page for the common plugins,
>> similar to what is now at http://plugins.geany.org/ but instead of
>> linking to each plugin's own webpage, provide one page with sections
>> for each included plugin and some common notes about installation,
>> downloads and such.
>>
>> Alternatively, we could redirect http://plugins.geany.org to
>> http://www.geany.org/Support/Plugins and update it accordingly.
>>
>> I don't mind much how we go in that matter but I'd like to delay this
>> a bit until the technical (SVN layout changes, proper build system
>> and code changes) are done or at least basically done.
>
>As I mentioned for the start (? until we have ore content) we can use
>either the already existing page a bit updated or put the content into
>geany.org's. As ylong as the use can find a link for download and how
>to install and some more information I'm fine with.

My suggestion:

we update the content at http://plugins.geany.org [1] to properly
reflect the recent changes, i.e. list and describe all plugins which
are part of the geany-plugins enclosure and list all other "outside"
plugins and link to their website.

On http://www.geany.org/Support/Plugins we do something similar to what
we have currently:
- list the geany-plugins enclosure as one plugin of the others and
mention the containing plugins and link it to http://plugins.geany.org

Just my 2cents.

[1] http://plugins.geany.org is actually the same as
http://geany-plugins.sourceforge.net and hosted at sourceforge.net. So,
every plugin author with SVN write access can also access and modify
this site.