[Geany-devel] multi-plugin plugin - Re: Python plugin API

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Jun 12 12:08:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:42:41 +0200
Jonas Haag <jonas at jonashaag.de> wrote:

> Am 12.06.2009 13:25, schrieb Nick Treleaven:
> So if we modified this to also be able to call a
> > function in the C plugin, perhaps that function could handle looking up
> > e.g. Python symbols in a script by name.
> Well, this doesn't solve the registration problem, does it?

We would have a function to create a plugin-like object that the C
plugin could call, but Geany would still need the lookup function to
resolve symbols.

One problem with this approach is that python plugins would only be
available after the PythonPlugins C plugin was loaded. IMO this might
be OK, or we could make Geany always load it if present.

Regards,
Nick