[Geany-devel] Restructuring the Geany-plugins project?
enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jun 10 23:04:05 UTC 2009
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:41:19 +0200, Enrico wrote:
>If you agree so far, I will start with the conversion and create that
>directory, move the spellcheck and addons into it, create the initial
>po/ directory for the translations and adjust the Waf build system to
I also moved the shiftcolumn into the geany-plugins directory, hope
Andrew is fine with that :). I did this mainly because it had the most
translations and moving it was the easiest way for me, yes I'm lazy.
>work properly. Once this is done, the other plugins authors can move
>their stuff too and Chow can start working on the autotools based build
Here we go.
What's to happen next?
- remaining plugins need to be moved into the geany-plugins directory,
this should be done by the corresponding plugin authors, moving also
means deleting previously used autotools configuration files, don't
forget to edit geany-plugins/wscript:
- there is a big commented list of plugins at the beginning of the
file, find your plugin and move it into the 'plugins' list
- edit geany-plugins/po/POTFILES.in and add your source files which
contain translatable strings
- Chow can start working on an autotools based build system if he likes
- the translation system in po/ is ready and works, ./waf --update-po
does correctly update the message catalogues. However some needs to
review the headers of the message catalogues (*.po) as they vary
heavily and some are missing stuff, e.g. plural definitions
Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.asc
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Devel