[Geany-devel] Restructuring the Geany-plugins project?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jun 10 23:04:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:41:19 +0200, Enrico wrote:

Yo,

>If you agree so far, I will start with the conversion and create that
>directory, move the spellcheck and addons into it, create the initial
>po/ directory for the translations and adjust the Waf build system to

Done.
I also moved the shiftcolumn into the geany-plugins directory, hope
Andrew is fine with that :). I did this mainly because it had the most
translations and moving it was the easiest way for me, yes I'm lazy.

>work properly. Once this is done, the other plugins authors can move
>their stuff too and Chow can start working on the autotools based build
>system.

Here we go.

What's to happen next?

- remaining plugins need to be moved into the geany-plugins directory,
this should be done by the corresponding plugin authors, moving also
means deleting previously used autotools configuration files, don't
forget to edit geany-plugins/wscript:
    - there is a big commented list of plugins at the beginning of the
      file, find your plugin and move it into the 'plugins' list
    - edit geany-plugins/po/POTFILES.in and add your source files which
      contain translatable strings

- Chow can start working on an autotools based build system if he likes

- the translation system in po/ is ready and works, ./waf --update-po
does correctly update the message catalogues. However some needs to
review the headers of the message catalogues (*.po) as they vary
heavily and some are missing stuff, e.g. plural definitions

Have fun.