[Geany-devel] Merging of Geany Plugins
frank at xxxxx
Tue Jun 2 17:54:00 UTC 2009
On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 18:32:14 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 00:07:48 +0800, Chow wrote:
> >> > * There must be a build system capable of building the
> >> > plugins together as well as separately.
> >> Does it have to be the same system for both? We have a Waf system
> >> for building all plugins, and IIRC it installs translations for
> >> each plugin that has them. (Most plugins also have autotools for
> >> building individually.)
> >Personally, from a packager's point of view, I prefer autotools, and
> >if nobody else beats me to it, I will submit a patch that will change
> I still don't see the need for it. We already have a working build
> system to build all plugins at once (Waf). So why fiddling with just
> another one which may introduce new bugs, new problems and of course,
> more work.
> >modify each plugins' build systems slightly (read: m4 macros,
> See above, why touching the plugins when we already have everything
> working :(.
I agree. For me autotools are always a huge pain with a high violence
> >conditional inclusion of the po directory), as well as hook up the
> >build system to the toplevel directory.
> Hmm, too bad. Frank was working on that on the weekend and he said he
> got a script working to be used with Waf which merges the plugins'
> gettext message catalogues into a big global catalogue and vice versa.
> So, basically it's done, unfortunately he didn't announce it yet so
> you were probably doing the same thing at the same time.
For now I did a quick'n'dirty shell script as a some kind of proof on
concept I'm planning to reimplement with Python hopeful today. In fact
it is possible to do the merging stuff in a nice way:
1) To a global file: Put all single po files together into one file
and run same steps as in make update-po on it
2) Putting translations back to each plguin: Just cp po files and also
run stuff from make update-po on it.
I tried it on all plugins and didn't recognised any major issue here.
All what is needed is to have some global replacement for POTFILES and
LINGUAS which could be also generated from each plugins itself.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Devel