[Geany-devel] Calltip and autocomplete interaction

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jul 28 14:32:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:42:56 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >Update: while re-reading your initial report and re-testing, it still
> >doesn't work if you cancel the auto-completion list by typing an
> >invalid character (invalid in terms of a non-matching item). For this
> >to work, we would need to explicitly reshow the calltip also when
> >receiving SCN_CHARADDED. Right now, I'm not sure whether it can/should
> >do this unconditionally or whether we need some logic behind when to
> >reshow the calltip (of course, the basic condition is only reshow it
>
> Update 2:
> with SVN r4022 it should also work for cancelled auto-completion lists
> which were not closed explicitly by Escape, i.e. also without a
> SCN_AUTOCCANCELLED message.
> Please test it :).

This reshows calltips when you don't want them:
1. Press the down arrow when you're in a calltip until you're outside
the argument list.
2. Type a character - the calltip is reshown.

Regards,
Nick