[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Jul 27 22:03:30 UTC 2009

2009/7/28 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:52:08 +1000, Lex wrote:
>>2009/7/26 Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>:
>>> On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:54:16 +0200
>>> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>>>> On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 23:19:41 +1000, Lex wrote:
>>>> >>And then get it into trunk for a wider audience.
>>>> >>
>>>> >> I'm wondering if it is worth to make another release before
>>>> >> merging the branch or to do it before.
>>>> >> Doing a releasing before merging would make the release more
>>>> >> stable probably and gives us more time to test the new code.
>>>> >> OTOH merging the branch soon and delaying a possible new release
>>>> >> a bit is maybe better for the users because they don't need to
>>>> >> wait for another release cycle to see the new and fancy build
>>>> >> system code :).
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Any opinions?
>>>> >> I tend to merge it and then make a release.
>>>> >>
>>>> >
>>>> >I guess it depends when you are planning the next release.  What
>>>> >else is already in trunk or planned?  Is that enough for a
>>>> >release?  If so I'd tend to small release quickly then we have
>>>> >time otherwise it might be a while until the release.
>>>> Not sure. We already have a good bunch of new features and fixes in
>>>> trunk making worth a release, I think. But no plans so far, still
>>>> needs to be discussed.
>>>> Hold on, I'll post with news soon.
>>> Are there any points on this I might missed? ;)
>>> As it appears the branch is already working well (beside the
>>> mentioned points) I think we should do a release just in front of.
>>> In case of there are major issues after merging to trunk, a
>>> maintenance release without feature can be build up using a commit
>>> before submitting the changes inside a new branch. Just in case of.
>>Hi Frank,
>>The actual merge shouldn't be much trouble, I'm now merging trunk into
>>the branch each week.  That still requires some manual intervention,
>>which I have so far demonstrated twice is a source of error.  What
> Haha. I'm also very experienced with such things :).
>>So a good debugging time in trunk is important.  As you said releasing
>>trunk before the merge will allow that time without the current
>>release getting too stale.
> Yes.
> We will do a release in the middle or end of August. After that
> release, we can merge the build-system branch into trunk to get it
> tested and integrated cleanly without being in a hurry for a release.
> OK?

Works for me.


> Regards,
> Enrico
> --
> Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.asc
> _______________________________________________
> Geany-devel mailing list
> Geany-devel at uvena.de
> http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany-devel

More information about the Devel mailing list