[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Jul 27 18:15:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:52:08 +1000, Lex wrote:

>2009/7/26 Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>:
>> On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:54:16 +0200

>>> Not sure. We already have a good bunch of new features and fixes in
>>> trunk making worth a release, I think. But no plans so far, still
>>> needs to be discussed.
>>> Hold on, I'll post with news soon.
>>
>> Are there any points on this I might missed? ;)
>> As it appears the branch is already working well (beside the
>> mentioned points) I think we should do a release just in front of.
>> In case of there are major issues after merging to trunk, a
>> maintenance release without feature can be build up using a commit
>> before submitting the changes inside a new branch. Just in case of.
>>

>Hi Frank,
>
>The actual merge shouldn't be much trouble, I'm now merging trunk into
>the branch each week.  That still requires some manual intervention,
>which I have so far demonstrated twice is a source of error.  What

Haha. I'm also very experienced with such things :).

>So a good debugging time in trunk is important.  As you said releasing
>trunk before the merge will allow that time without the current
>release getting too stale.

Yes.
We will do a release in the middle or end of August. After that
release, we can merge the build-system branch into trunk to get it
tested and integrated cleanly without being in a hurry for a release.
OK?