[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Jul 27 18:15:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:52:08 +1000, Lex wrote:

>2009/7/26 Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>:
>> On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:54:16 +0200
>> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>>> On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 23:19:41 +1000, Lex wrote:
>>> >>And then get it into trunk for a wider audience.
>>> >>
>>> >> I'm wondering if it is worth to make another release before
>>> >> merging the branch or to do it before.
>>> >> Doing a releasing before merging would make the release more
>>> >> stable probably and gives us more time to test the new code.
>>> >> OTOH merging the branch soon and delaying a possible new release
>>> >> a bit is maybe better for the users because they don't need to
>>> >> wait for another release cycle to see the new and fancy build
>>> >> system code :).
>>> >>
>>> >> Any opinions?
>>> >> I tend to merge it and then make a release.
>>> >>
>>> >
>>> >I guess it depends when you are planning the next release.  What
>>> >else is already in trunk or planned?  Is that enough for a
>>> >release?  If so I'd tend to small release quickly then we have
>>> >time otherwise it might be a while until the release.
>>> Not sure. We already have a good bunch of new features and fixes in
>>> trunk making worth a release, I think. But no plans so far, still
>>> needs to be discussed.
>>> Hold on, I'll post with news soon.
>> Are there any points on this I might missed? ;)
>> As it appears the branch is already working well (beside the
>> mentioned points) I think we should do a release just in front of.
>> In case of there are major issues after merging to trunk, a
>> maintenance release without feature can be build up using a commit
>> before submitting the changes inside a new branch. Just in case of.
>Hi Frank,
>The actual merge shouldn't be much trouble, I'm now merging trunk into
>the branch each week.  That still requires some manual intervention,
>which I have so far demonstrated twice is a source of error.  What

Haha. I'm also very experienced with such things :).

>So a good debugging time in trunk is important.  As you said releasing
>trunk before the merge will allow that time without the current
>release getting too stale.

We will do a release in the middle or end of August. After that
release, we can merge the build-system branch into trunk to get it
tested and integrated cleanly without being in a hurry for a release.


Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.asc
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.geany.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20090727/aef06fcc/attachment.pgp>

More information about the Devel mailing list