[Geany-devel] Threaded file handling

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Jul 27 12:51:57 UTC 2009

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:34:36 +0200, Jonas wrote:

>Am 27.07.2009 13:59, schrieb Enrico Tröger:
>> Sorry, I don't see how this could be an improvement.
>Well just open some new tab and set its label to "Loading foo.ext..."
>and you're done ;-)

Hmm ok. Not sure I would like this but it could be at least a start of
a solution for the mentioned problems.

>> [...]e.g. when
>> compiling/building/running the current file. At this point we need
>> synchronous saving otherwise the whole point in saving a file prior
>> to an operation which relies on it becomes useless.
>Yes, but that's the only case in that you need synchronous saving.

There was another case as well but I can't remember it right now,
unfortunately.
Anyway, attached is the patch I mentioned. It's a few months old so it
probably won't apply cleanly anymore against trunk but it should be
easily possible to manually replay the changes.
Note that the patch is in an early alpha state, I only tested it
shortly and there might be still tons of problems.
But if anyone wants to work on this, feel free to do it. I can't spend
any time on this in the next few weeks, sorry.