[Geany-devel] Support SCI_LINESJOIN and SCI_LINESSPLIT (patch included)

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Sun Jul 26 06:28:08 UTC 2009

Hi Nick!

Nick Treleaven wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:31:04 +0400
> Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I discovered that Geany doesn't provide key bindings for the
>> abovementioned scintilla commands.  I think they are very useful while
>> editing text, or HTML, or other markup, especially when you don't like
>> when your text exceeds 80 char boundary (like me).  With these
>> shortcuts, you no longer need to manually reformat your text after you
>> make a slight change in it, you know.  There are such shortcuts in other
>> editors like (afair) Eclipse and Notepad++ for Windows.
>> When implementing this, I had to add couple of sciwrappers, so I placed
>> them at the end of sciwrappers.{c,h}.
>
> Cool. BTW we had sci_target_start, sci_target_end already but perhaps
> they're not clearly named, I might rename them to your versions.

Another fault... I just saw sci_get_target_end in the end of
sciwrappers.h and thought that corresponding setter function should
be sci_set_target_end :) Thanks for noticing.

>> The patch also adds corresponding entries to key bindings properties in
>> the preferences dialog.  Maybe "Split lines" entry should be renamed as
>> it may be ambiguous.
>
> I added a 'Reflow lines/paragraph' Format keybinding as discussed in
> the other mail. It uses all the code in your patch - thanks ;-) If
> you still want a 'Join lines' command perhaps we could add it, I just
> haven't thought how it would be useful yet.

It's very nice that my patch got useful. I also think reflow command is
enough in most cases, so I won't insist for inclusion of split/join
lines commands :)

Best regards,
Eugene.