[Geany-devel] Calltip and autocomplete interaction

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Jul 26 02:16:25 UTC 2009

2009/7/26 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 16:16:57 +1000, Lex wrote:
>
> Hey,
>
>>> Maybe we should add some information about this.
>>> What is worth to be mentioned?
>>>
>>> - the configurable keybinding to trigger an auto-completion list
>>> (Ctrl-Space) or by typing more than 4 characters (also configurable)
>>> - hiding the list with Escape or with any non-matching character
>>> - selecting an item with Space/Tab/Mouse click
>>> - special auto-completion when using Ctrl-Space which contains not
>>> only known symbols, but also all matching words of the current
>>> document, if enabled
>>> - special '.' / '->' auto-completions
>>
>>I didn't know about this, so not in patch, hows it work?
>
> Maybe Nick can give some more detailed words about this.
>

>>> - what else?
>>>

>>> If anyone of you is bored enough, a patch with some text would be
>>> cool :).
>>
>>Attached, a first go at it anyway.
>
> It's in SVN. However, I changed 'keycode' to 'keybinding' which is more
> consistent with the rest of the text.

Yup, good.

And I removed the double spaces
> after full stops you entered. Not sure whether this was on purpose or
> by accident but to me it looks ugly and is uncommon, AFAIK.

Not by accident, by autopilot, it is normal in the type of aerospace
documentation I mainly work on, but not otherwise AFAIK. I'll check
that I don't do it in the document update.

> The rest was just great, many thanks.
>

>>We both may live to regret this offer but here goes anyway...
>>One of my previous jobs was a very picky technical reviewer and I am
>>willing to give the manual a "wash and brush up".  The upside of this
>>is that I will make all the small fixes, the downside is that I will
>>suggest any major items to you, although of course you can always
>>ignore the suggestions :-)
>
> Sure, why not. IIRC Frank intended to do something similar some time
> ago but never heard of any progress since then. In general,
> improvements and fixes are welcome. Just keep in mind, in contrary to
> you and Nick, I'm not a native English speaker, so I won't argue
> about any verbalization issues with you :).

Ah yes, now the 'brand' of English to use, I'm en_AU which is
approximately en_GB and not en_US.  So verbalization would actually be
verbalisation etc.
And as for other differences between dialects of English ... ;-)