[Geany-devel] geany-plugins on openbsd

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jul 25 18:21:14 UTC 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:13:44 +0300, Serge wrote:

Hi,

>It just won't compile. Problem was in
>geany-plugins-0.17.1/geanygdb/src/gdb-ui-main.c, there we have include
>line,
>
>> #include <elf.h>
>
>and my openbsd system does not have that file.
>
>After an hour or so I found these structs in other include file, called
>elf_abi.h; so then I change 'include <elf.h>' to 'include <elf_abi.h>'
>and everything's now just fine.
>
>I don't know how to trick this in 'configure' script, so there isn't
>any patches attached. Hope you know how to fix it.

Attached is a possible solution for the Waf build system. I'm not sure
whether it's the best approach or whether there might be some better
checks. But in theory it should work.

Please note that the support for the autotools based build system is
still missing, it seems it misses even the check for elf.h. Chow,
Dominic, it'd be cool if you could have a look.

Dominic, if you like the attached changes, take them, otherwise ignore
them :).