[Geany-devel] Support SCI_LINESJOIN and SCI_LINESSPLIT (patch included)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sat Jul 25 15:57:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:31:04 +0400
Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:

> I discovered that Geany doesn't provide key bindings for the
> abovementioned scintilla commands.  I think they are very useful while
> editing text, or HTML, or other markup, especially when you don't like
> when your text exceeds 80 char boundary (like me).  With these
> shortcuts, you no longer need to manually reformat your text after you
> make a slight change in it, you know.  There are such shortcuts in other
> editors like (afair) Eclipse and Notepad++ for Windows.
> When implementing this, I had to add couple of sciwrappers, so I placed
> them at the end of sciwrappers.{c,h}.

Cool. BTW we had sci_target_start, sci_target_end already but perhaps
they're not clearly named, I might rename them to your versions.

> The patch also adds corresponding entries to key bindings properties in
> the preferences dialog.  Maybe "Split lines" entry should be renamed as
> it may be ambiguous.

I added a 'Reflow lines/paragraph' Format keybinding as discussed in
the other mail. It uses all the code in your patch - thanks ;-) If
you still want a 'Join lines' command perhaps we could add it, I just
haven't thought how it would be useful yet.

Regards,
Nick