[Geany-devel] Calltip and autocomplete interaction

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Jul 24 02:42:42 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

When typing a function call, the calltip is shown when the '(' is
typed.  It is then replaced by autocomplete suggestions as the
parameter is typed.  If the autocomplete is accepted then the calltip
is re-displayed, but if the autocomplete is not accepted, such as by
typing ',' then the tooltip is not re-displayed, very annoying.  I
know I can re-display it manually by twisting my fingers into a knot
;-) but automatic would be better.

AFAICT the editor.c code intends to re-display it but I can't see why
it doesn't work in this case.

Also I noticed that the manual doesn't describe symbol autocompletion
operation and the keycodes for accept and dismiss.  It does for
snippets, but not for symbol autocomplete.