[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Jul 22 03:12:41 UTC 2009

2009/7/22 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:

>>> Plugins won't build, filetype.h now uses build.h which isn't
>>> installed to /usr/local/include/geany/
>>>
>>> I'm AC_illiterate, where do I put build.h to get it installed, is it
>>> geany_include_HEADERS in src/Makefile.am ?
>
> Exactly.
> And for Waf, it's in wscript around line 451.

Done, waf not tested since I don't have it installed.

>>> Or alternatively I could make the requirement go away since now the
>>> GeanyFiletype structure only has pointers to GeanyBuildCommand, so it
>>> doesn't actually need the definition.
>>>
>>> Which is preferable from your point of view??
>>>

>>Update, making the requirement go away allows geany-plugins combined
>>release to build & seems to workl!!!
>>
>>So now the question is should plugins be able to access the build
>>menu.  I would think that there could be uses for it and would be
>>happy to add two functions to build.h
>>
>>gchar *get_build_cmd_field( GeanyBuildGroup group, gint cmdindex,
>>GeanyBuildCmdEntries field);
>>void set_build_cmd_field( GeanyBuildGroup group, gint cmdindex,
>>GeanyBuildCmdEntries field, const gchar *value );
>>
>>that are documented for use by plugins. and allow build_menu_update to
>>be used by plugins unless there is another way of triggering it.
>>
>>Then we need to install build.h
>
> Yo. I guess we would add it at some point anyway and so we can also add
> it now. I think someone might want to write a plugin which
> uses/extends/whatever the new build system code in some way.

Ok, done except build_get_menu_item returns the whole
*GeanyBuildCommand structure instead of one field at a time.  Made the
interface simpler since no set function is needed.

Included remove_menu_item function in the interface.

Without a plugin that uses it, testing was very rudimentary, I guess
that bugs will show up when someone uses it. :-)