[Geany-devel] Template comment inserts (Re: question about templates)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jul 18 14:47:55 UTC 2009

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 16:47:23 +0200, Enrico wrote:

>On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 18:54:56 +0200, Andreas wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 15:34:57 +0200
>>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>>> Changing comment_open and comment_close in filetypes.haxe should
>>> help.
>>
>>No, that was my first thought also. But that doesn't change anything
>>about the comment-style for header and function description.
>
>Yeah, sorry again. It *should* that but it doesn't do yet :(.
>Have a look at src/templates.c make_comment_block() and remove the case
>for Haxe. I guess blackdog preferred the // style when we added the
>filetype. Not sure what's best as the default.
>We should rewrite this function so that it uses the
>comment_open/comment_close settings but there is still the lack for the
>line_prefix information. We could either add line_prefix to the

Done in SVN.

>filetype definition files or magically guess it. But I don't like both
>ways that much. Not sure what to do best.

For now, we guess it magically. That is, we check whether the second
character of comment_open is an asterisk and if so, we add some spaces
as it was done for C-like multi-line comments before.
This is not ideal and not as flexible one could wish but it's at least
what we had before plus that you now can change the used
commentation characters with the comment_open and comment_close
settings.