[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Jul 18 11:12:26 UTC 2009

2009/7/18 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:13:18 +1000, Lex wrote:
>
>>Enrico,

>>> Now I know where I'll have a look first, it probably just needs to
>>> point to the right menu items again.
>>>

>>Ok, I'm lost again, for me the build toolbar menu is never enabled,
>>the toolbutton is there ok and works but wrong.  I can't find where
>>the menu is enabled?
>
> Well, the menu itself is created in build_init(). And it seems while
> merging with trunk there went something wrong.

Ah yes well, what went wrong was me, build.c not surprisingly needed
to be merged manually, and I assumed most differences were changes on
my side.

After a three way diff with an original build.c, trunk and
build-system versions I think I have now incorporated the changes
somewhat better.  It would be good if you could check it though.

I have commented out execute/stop button code because now that
multiple executes are possible the question is, which one does the
button execute/stop??

The build_init() code in
> your branch has still the old menu handling code.
> The main thing is that in your branch the final call
> /* set the submenu to the toolbar item */
> geany_menu_button_action_set_menu(GEANY_MENU_BUTTON_ACTION
> (widgets.build_action), toolmenu);
>
> is missing in build_init().

Well THAAAAATS why I couldn't find it!!! :-)

 And also the other code handling the button
> menu seems to be old. You should update it or tell me to do so if you
> don't want to.

Done as best I can.  Please check.

>>The build toolbar button runs the compile command.  This is because
>>the  build_toolbutton_build_clicked user_data is always 0.  It used to
>>be GBO_BUILD.  Where is it set now?
>
> Er, the build button callback user_data was always NULL. The NULL is
> set in src/toolbar.c:345.
> The build button should run the GBO_BUILD command unless any other
> build action from the menu was chosen. Then the build button runs the
> last chosen action.
> This is done in build_toolbutton_build_clicked() and there the
> user_data isn't taken into account. Maybe you changed the semantics in
> on_build_menu_item() but this can be easily changed with the attached
> patch (build_button_fix.diff) which explicitly call the GBO_BUILD
> action on on_build_menu_item().

Ok, I had just copied the way the old build_toolbutton_build_clicked
worked? But I am not sure how it actually worked then??  But it works
now so who cares!!!! Thanks.