[Geany-devel] New plugin: embrace

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at xxxxx
Fri Jul 17 21:19:42 UTC 2009

On Saturday 18,July,2009 03:49 AM, Prim András wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I wrote a plugin that embraces the selection in configurable text.
> I made it with HTML in mind. It's possible to define variables which the
> user can fill in a dialog, for example with a file selection dialog or a
> comboBox with predefined values.
>
> Screenshot:  http://primandras.hu/stuff/geany_embrace/screenshot.png
> Some documentation:
> http://primandras.hu/stuff/geany_embrace/ConfigFile.html
> The tar.gz: http://primandras.hu/stuff/geany_embrace/embrace-0.9.tar.gz
>
> I'd like to contribute it in the geany-plugins project.
> It still needs tidying and stuff. For example I tried to set different
> set of key bindings for different filetypes and dynamically change them
> when the user switches documents (so the same key combinations could be
> re-used) but now only those appear in the key binding setting dialog,
> which apply to the filetype visible at plugin_init() (However using the
> same key combination on different documents does work as expected.)
>
> Best regards!
> András Prim

Sounds like a pretty cool plugin. If/when you bring it into the
geany-plugins svn repository, I'd recommend that you add it into the
combined geany-plugins project (trunk/geany-plugins) to ease release and
packagers' work. I maintain geany-plugins' build system, and would be
happy to integrate your plugin into the said build system. :-)

On a side note, from a packager's point of view, you might like to add
copyright headers to your source files, and perhaps provide an AUTHORS
file as well.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin