[Geany-devel] Support SCI_LINESJOIN and SCI_LINESSPLIT (patch included)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jul 17 16:48:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:31:04 +0400, Eugene wrote:

Hi,

>I discovered that Geany doesn't provide key bindings for the
>abovementioned scintilla commands.  I think they are very useful while
>editing text, or HTML, or other markup, especially when you don't like
>when your text exceeds 80 char boundary (like me).  With these

Even after reading the Scintilla docs and your comments in the code, I
fail to see any use of these commands. But nevertheless, I guess there
is a proper use otherwise these commands wouldn't exist in Scintilla
and you wouldn't have spent time adding them to Geany :).

So, my question is: do we really need/want this in Geany itself?
Alternatively, you could add them to a plugin even though creating
and maintaining a plugin because of two keybindings is a bit much.
So, a third alternative could be that you add your code as part of the
addons plugins, which aims to collect such small changes which aren't
worth an own plugin.

OTOH, we could also integrate the patch into Geany itself if it's just
me who can't make any use of this :).