[Geany-devel] plugin .so path - Re: geany-plugins-0.17 released

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jul 17 16:24:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:05:58 +0100, Nick wrote:

>But to use the normal Geany with the new 'Extra plugin path' pref I
>suppose geany-plugins would need to support setting a custom
>plugin .so path. This might make more sense than allowing a custom
>${geany_prefix}, because that can (probably) be done with the
>PKG_CONFIG_PATH method above.
>
>So if this is correct, I think maybe just add the
>--with-geany-plugins-dir=PATH as you suggested earlier, although using
>pkg-config might be enough.

I agree with Nick.
Change as few as possible to the current way it's done. I think the
stuff is good enough for most use cases and Lex' problem with a
different ${geany_prefix} should be solved by using a proper
PKG_CONFIG_PATH value and the 'Extra plugin path' preference.