[Geany-devel] plugin .so path - Re: geany-plugins-0.17 released

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Jul 17 13:05:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:06:23 +0800
Chow Loong Jin <hyperair at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alright, so the current structure is something like this:
> ${DESTDIR}
> |-- ${geany_plugins_prefix}
> |   |-- lib
> |   |   `-- geany-plugins
> |   |       `-- ${plugin}
> |   |           `-- files
> |   `-- share
> |       |-- doc
> |       |   `-- geany-plugins
> |       |       `-- ${plugin}
> |       |           `-- files
> |       `-- geany-plugins
> |           `-- ${plugin}
> |               `-- files
> `-- ${geany_prefix}
>     `-- lib
>         `-- geany
>             |-- ${plugin}.la
>             `-- ${plugin}.so
>
> Currently, ${geany_prefix} is grabbed from geany.pc using pkg-config,
> not customizable,

Maybe Lex can just use:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${geany_prefix}/lib/pkgconfig ./configure

to use a Geany installed elsewhere.

But to use the normal Geany with the new 'Extra plugin path' pref I
suppose geany-plugins would need to support setting a custom
plugin .so path. This might make more sense than allowing a custom
${geany_prefix}, because that can (probably) be done with the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH method above.

So if this is correct, I think maybe just add the
--with-geany-plugins-dir=PATH as you suggested earlier, although using
pkg-config might be enough.

Regards,
Nick