[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Jul 17 05:25:03 UTC 2009

2009/7/17 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:50:09 +1000, Lex wrote:
>
>>2009/7/13 Andreas Mokros <am at medienpensionat.com>
>>
>>> Hi.

>>> OK. Did some testing with haxe files now.
>>>
>>> The "build"-button in the toolbar doesn't seem to work correctly. By
>>> default it is disabled for haxe files. Adding a "_Build" command
>>> under "Haxe source file commands" enables the button,
>>

>>See comment below, looks like special handling is needed for build
>>toolbutton.
>>

>>> but clicking on it runs
>>> the command for "_Compile". Also the "Compile"-entry is missing in
>>> the dropdown menu called from the button.
>>>

>>I havn't actually done anything with the toolbar code except point the
>>activate at the new menu items (tool buttons mostly work by activating
>>the respective menu item).  I wasn't aware of the dropdown since I
>>don't use the build toolbar item (I use the F9 key).  Its not
>>surprising then that it doesn't work right and I'm surprised it works
>>at all.
>>
>> I had a look at the code and I can't find where that submenu is
>> created,
>>can someone please provide guidance??
>
> The submenu is created in src/toolbar.c, it's an instance of
> geanymenubuttonaction.c.
> It depends when you re-created the branch, there were some
> changes/fixes to this recently (maybe two or three weeks ago, when I
> added the toolbar editor) to that code.
> So, maybe a sync with trunk is helpful.

Done, compiles and runs!!!  I promise not to complain about the time
daily commits take after that svn marathon ;-(

> Otherwise, tell me exactly what's the problem, then I'll have a look.

Now I know where I'll have a look first, it probably just needs to
point to the right menu items again.